There are many restaurants in Banteay Srei District, including everything from large tourist-style restaurants that can cater to tour groups to local food stalls serving authentic local specialties. Some restaurants can also offer traditional cooking classes for those interested in Khmer cuisine.
There are several popular restaurants near Banteay Srei Temple, including Rom Chong Angkor Restaurant and Srey Kulen Restaurant, as well as Parvis Café, a popular place just behind the temple itself. Elsewhere in the district is Ancient Khmer Restaurant opposite Banteay Samre Temple and Borei Sovann Restaurant opposite the entrance to Kbal Spean and the Angkor Center for the Conservation of Biodiversity.
Angkor Palm Restaurant is currently under development and will offer a selection of traditional dishes from Banteay Srei and the Siem Reap area. The most popular food stalls in Banteay Srei District are the Nam Ben Chok Noodle Stalls in Preah Dak village. Nam Ben Chok is a popular Cambodian noodle soup that comes with chicken curry or a fish broth. The Preah Dak noodles are famous throughout Cambodia and this is a good pit stop for independent travellers wanting to try an authentic local dish.
Restaurant Contact Number
- Ancient Khmer Restaurant (Tel: +855 (0)12 217266/ +855 (0)88 6506006 (EN/KH))
- Angkor Palm Restaurant (Tel: +855 (0)12 232205 (EN/FR/KH))
- Borei Sovann Restaurant (Tel: +855 (0) 12 224115/ +855 (0)12 842258 (EN/KH))
- Nam Ben Chok Noodle Stalls (Tel: +855 (0) 12 410770/ +855 (0)97 6237137 (EN/KH))
- Parvis Café (Tel: +855 (0) 77 214679/ +855 (0)98 691667 (EN/KH))
- Rom Chong Angkor Restaurant (Tel: +855 (0)12 766961/ +855 (0)86 929396 (EN/KH))
- Srey Kulen Restaurant (Tel: +855 (0) 77 704131/ +855 (0)67 555520 (EN/KH))