A homestay is an immersive way to learn more about local life in Cambodia by staying with a family. Banteay Srei District is the most convenient place to experience a homestay in the kingdom as it lies just 25km from Siem Reap.
There are 13 local homestays in Tbeng, located in an attractive village setting with lots of activities on offer, including learning about rice cultivation and village walks.
Green Homestay Is A Small Farm With A Big Heart, Offering A Couple Of Rooms For Guests And A Large Outdoor Area For Camping. Fresh Farm Products Are Available And Camping Is Available For School Trips Or Teambuilding.
Bayon Smile operates 6 homestays that are well-organized and include spacious houses in close proximity to Banteay Srei Temple. The owners can also organize activities in the area such as remote temple treks, cycling trips and motorbiking adventures.
Other upscale homestays that have just come into operation include Run Ta Ek Ecovillage Homestay, Villa Banteay Srei and Mahendra Ecolodge. Run Ta Ek Ecovillage offers six traditional wooden homes in a Cambodian village setting. Villa Banteay Srei is a modern villa with comfortable amenities and offers views across to Phnom Dei. Mahendra Ecolodge is a beautiful wooden home set amid a mango farm with views across to Phnom Hop and Phnom Kulen.
BASIC LOCAL HOMESTAY
- TBENG Eco-Tourism Association, Homestays Tel: +855 (0) 92 966047 (EN/KH)
- GREEN Homestay (Tel: +855 (0) 12 630327/12 953020 (EN/KH)
- BAYON Smile Homestays Tel: +855 (0) 97 9412832 / 86 595402 (EN/KH)
- MAHENDRA Ecolodge Tel: +855 (0) 12 429950/ 71 9393359 (EN/FR/KH)
- VILLA Banteay Srei: Tel : +855 (0) 10 986004 (EN/FR/KH)
- RUN TA EK Ecovillge: +855 (0) 69 85 46 57 (KH)