The most popular walk in Banteay Srei District is currently the trek up to Kbal Spean and the ‘River of a Thousand Lingas’. However, village walks are also growing in popularity around homestay centers such as Tbeng and are a good way to learn about local life and agriculture.
Bayon Smile Homestay can also organise treks to Phnom Hop and Phnom Chrab. The Kbal Teuk Community Forest also offers guided walks along nature trails.
There are not yet many organized cycling tours in Banteay Srei District, but some cycling operators do include Banteay Samre of Banteay Srei on their cycling itineraries. Riding from a local homestay to some of the temples and attractions is less strenuous than riding from Siem Reap and some homestay providers already offer bicycles for rent.
The Banteay Srei Boat Association offers boat trips to visitors on a scenic baray just behind Banteay Srei Temple. There are several other areas where boat trips are planned such as Srah Doun Riek and Ta Neav Reservoir and these are very scenic spots. Stung Trojiek is another popular local lake with views over the holy mountain of Phnom Kulen and traditional bamboo picnic huts over the water.
Eau Kulen is Cambodia's only natural mineral water and it comes from deep beneath the holy mountain of Phnom Kulen in Banteay Srei District. The ultra-modern bottling plant is open to visitors by advance appointment and makes an interesting side stop when exploring further in Banteay Srei District. Eau Kulen is the recommended mineral water of choice when travelling in Cambodia.
Contact of Activities
- Trekking, Boat and village walk around Banteay Srei temple: +855 (0) 97 9412832 / +855 (0)86 595402 (EN/KH)
- Village walk in Preah Dak and ox-cart ride: Tel: +855 (0) 95 967722 / +855 (0)90 757728
- Village walk in Tbeng community: +855 (0) 92 966047 (EN/KH)
- Kbal Teuk Community Forest: +855 (0) 12 461064 (KH)
- Srach Dounriek: +855 (0) 12 630327 (EN/KH)
- Steung Troijek – Lake side picnic spot: +855 (0) 17 721948 (KH)